John James of Acumen Brands Named to Computer Science Task Force
The new Arkansas computer science task force named Monday by Gov. Asa Hutchinson includes members with Innovate Arkansas ties such as John James of Acumen Brands.
James, the Doctorpreneur himself, co-founded Acumen in Fayetteville. The IA client firm has become a multi-million dollar firm and an e-commerce giant.
James should be able to provide some insight for the group tasked with overseeing the rollout of introducing computer science to all Arkansas high schools beginning with the 2015-16 school year, as mandated this year by the state legislature.
Joining James on the task force are Arkansas tech pioneer and former Accelerate Arkansas chair James Hendren, AEDC's Tom Chilton, ASTA's Tim Atkinson and Arkansas STEM Coaltion director Suzanne Mitchell.
Here's the full list:
- Johnny Key, Department of Education, Commissioner of Education
- Tom Chilton, Arkansas Economic Development Commission, Director of Technology Development
- Dr. Charisse Childers, Department of Career Education, Director.
- Brett Powell, Department of Higher Education, Director.
- Daryl Bassett, Department of Workforce Services, Director.
- Tim Atkinson, Arkansas Science & Technology Authority, President.
- Carl Frank, Arkansas’s Computer Science Teachers Association, President.
- Gary Dowdy, Arkansas Academy of Computing, President.
- Andy Mayes, Bentonville. IT Solutions teacher, Bentonville High School. President of Arkansas Society for Technology in Education. A High School Computer Science Teacher.
- Suzanne Mitchell, Little Rock. Executive Director, Arkansas STEM Coalition. Representative of the Arkansas STEM Coalition.
- Rasesh Patel, Little Rock. Director of Product Development, Acxiom. Representative in the field of computer programming.
- Dave Wengel, Little Rock. Founder and CEO, iDatafy. At-large member.
- John James, Fayetteville. CEO, Acumen Brands. At-large member.
- James Hendren, Technology Startup Consultant, Self Employed. Little Rock. At-large member.
- David Hopkins, Clarksville. Superintendent, Clarksville School District. At-large member.