The Week Ahead: Just This...Have a Merry Christmas
Not much, of course, on the Arkansas techpreneur calendar this week, so our look at the week ahead boils down to this, and it's an important one:
Have a merry Christmas, a happy new year and a joyous holiday season.
As we look ahead to a promising 2015 in the Arkansas tech-based startup ecosystem, we note that 2014's finishing with a flourish. The past few weeks have seen plenty of significant activity in the Arkansas startup realm.
Let's take a quick look back:
- The ARK Challenge wrapped up its fourth run, this one in Little Rock, with a November Demo Day at the Clinton Center. Spencer Jones and his Jones Innovative Medical Solutions took home the $150,000 booty.
- The Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub unveiled its Launch Pad maker space by hosting the Arkansas Technology Summit that brought together some of the state's leading techpreneurs and the region's top VCs.
- Plus, the Hub was selected as one of just 26 programs nationwide to develop a regional Food Innovation Center.
- The Arkansas Venture Center successfully launched the Pre-Flight program in Little Rock with five startup ventures that looked a lot more like ARK alums than 14-week-old ideas.
- Speaking of the ARK, the AVC will move into the former ARK space in downtown Little Rock after partnering with the Little Rock tech park.
So, lots of good stuff to close out the year, all of which portends another big year in 2015.
In the meantime, here's wishing each of you the happiest of holidays. Thanks so much for reading and for your support of Innovate Arkansas and our mission to bring good, high-paying jobs to Arkansas.
Once again, merry Christmas.
And now, as has become something of a personal tradition in this space, we'll hand it off to our home boy Linus Van Pelt.