The Week Ahead: ARK Challenge Demo Day, Startup Week, Technology Summit
Big week this week.
This week, of course, is Arkansas Startup Week, and Demo Day for the ARK Challenge's fall session (aka ARK 4) rolls Wednesday afternoon from the Clinton Center in Little Rock.
Let's get right to it:
- Arkansas Startup Week kicks off for real Tuesday night at the Little Rock Chamber with the AVC's Build IT featuring Tech Cocktail CEO Frank Gruber. More here. And full schedule here.
- 1 Million Cups resumes its weekly program Wednesday at 9 a.m. from the Chamber. This week's presenters are Bfonics and Big Piph. More here.
- And the monthly Hub-UB series from the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub resumes Wednesday at 6:30 from the Argenta Branch Library.
- Also on Wednesday...Demo Day is here! Demo day is here! (If you're over 40, just picture Navin Johnson jumping around with a phone book in his hand.) (OK, Steve Martin...The Jerk...come on, people.) The ARK Challenge fall Demo Day rolls at 1 from the Great Hall at the Clinton Center. Just a few spots left for angels and VCs (and those are going fast), but otherwise, it's a sold out event. More here.
- The Arkansas Technology Summit will officially begin following Demo Day with a 5 p.m. reception Wednesday at the library, followed Thursday by a day full of activities showcasing startup ventures borne of Arkansas research at the Innovation Hub's Argenta Innovation Center. More here.
- Tech Cocktail’s Arkansas Mixer & Startup Showcase (sponsored by the AVC) rolls from Club Level in downtown Little Rock Wednesday night at 6:30. More here.
- The global tech expo GTED2 runs Thursday and Friday from Heifer International's world HQ in the River Market District of Little Rock.
- Startup Weeks culminates with Nashville Entrepreneur Center CEO Michael Burcham, courtesy of AVC, speaking at the Chamber at 10. More here.
As always, check out the Arkansas Startup Digest for entrepreneurial and tech-related events in Arkansas, and don't forget to stop and catch your breath once or twice this week.