The Week Ahead: Startup Weekend, Pre-Flight, Build IT, Hub-UB
Another big week in the Arkansas startup ecosystem. Here are some of the week's biggies including the return of Startup Weekend Little Rock.
Be sure to check out the Startup Arkansas Digest at Startup Arkansas for a comprehensive calendar of startup, tech and entrepreneurial-related events in Arkansas.
- Pre-Flight, a pre-accelerator program for early-stage emtrepreneurs backed by the Nashville Entrepreneur Center and brought to Little Rock by the Arkansas Venture Center, begins Monday night at 5:30 from the Little Rock Chamber. More here.
- The AVC's Build IT series, which features a monthly "fireside chat" with a prominent local founder, returns Tuesday at 5:30 from the Chamber. This week, a treat: Little Rock tech founder Rod Ford. More here.
- Startup Weekend Little Rock returns this weekend. The action kicks off from the Acxiom corporate headquarters in the River Market District at 6 on Friday night and runs, well, all weekend. More here, and here's coverage from Arkansas Business of last year's first SWLR.
- The Hub-UB series from Joel Gordon of the Launch Pad maker space and the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub returns Wednesday. This local TED-like series runs the second Wednesday of each month from the Argenta Branch Library in downtown NLR. Joel promises a trip to virtual relaity this week. More here.
- Of course, we can't forget the weekly 1 Million Cups which runs each Wednesday morning from 9-10 at the LR Chamber. This week's agenda includes Bryan Pistole of DesignMatters. More here.
Get out and support your local entrepreneurs this week.