Apply Now: Executive Director, Arkansas Fellowship
We are now taking applications for the position of Executive Director of the Arkansas Fellowship. Details are outlined below.
Executive Director, Arkansas Fellowship
The Arkansas Fellowship’s goal is to identify, recruit, and develop the state’s next generation of business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Scope of Work
The Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Arkansas Fellowship members, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop an in-depth knowledge of core programs, operations, and business plans. As a result of the organization’s two-year turnover, the ED must provide long-term structure and consistency.
Times of responsibility are variable, and the ED must be flexible and available. Time commitments are expected to include (but limited to), Innovate Arkansas Team meetings, Arkansas Fellowship board meetings, recruitment events, business-leader meetings, and professional development workshops.
Leadership & Fellow Development:
- Lead, coach, develop and retain Arkansas Fellows. Develop a curriculum with the Arkansas Fellows that enrich their relationships and enhances their business experience and expertise. Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes that can be communicated effectively to the board, host company executives, and other stakeholders, i.e., Innovate Arkansas, Winrock International, College and University Partners, Alumni Fellows)
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize Arkansas Fellows, board members, host company executives, alumni, partnering organizations, and the broader community. Develop systems and documentation that ensure Fellowship continuity. Develop experiences and traditions that ensure Fellow indoctrination and loyalty to Fellowship and Arkansas
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Foster relationships with host company executives. Monitor Fellow experiences at host companies and Fellow performance at host companies. Professionally address any issues and incorporate board members as required
Recruitment & Communications:
- Support Fellow recruitment leads and ensures accountability to annual Fellow recruitment goals
- Develop academic-environment relationships for Fellow recruitment.
- Support Board of Directors and host companies in annual host company selection activities
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations to create a stronger brand
- Use external appearance and relationships to garner new opportunities with host companies, universities and current/prospective Arkansas Fellows
- Expand revenue-generating activities to support existing program operations if necessary
The ED will be thoroughly committed to The Arkansas Fellowship’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Track record of effectively leading a performance- and outcomes-based organization and team; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have increased team and organizational effectiveness, morale, and efficiencies.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Vicki Malpass, Program Manager, Innovate Arkansas at Winrock International