Around the INOV8 Horn: Innovation Hub Expansion, Iron Yard Classes Begin
Around the IA horn we go on a beautiful Friday afternoon.
We've got the Innovation Hub announcing a partnership with the Fayetteville Chamber to expand northwesterly, Iron Yard classes starting in Little Rock and more.
- The Hub announced that it and the Fayetteville Chamber will open an NWA Innovation Hub on the Fayetteville square. The NWA Launch Pad maker space component to the NWA Hub is expected to open early next year.
- Speaking of the Hub, it will partner with IA adviser Jeff Amerine's Startup Junkie to expand startup services and resources in NWA. Wonder where they could find a place to help them do that?
- After much fanfare, Iron Yard coding classes finally commence in Little Rock beginning Monday.
- Ellen Brune of IA client and UA startup Boston Mountain Biotech is up for a prestigious Cartier Women's Initiative Award, one of just 18 women worldwide in the running.
- The Venture Center announced Entergy as a sponsor for its mentor training program.
- The UA System ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide for number of U.S. patents produced in 2014.
- The NWA Developer Mixer is scheduled for Tuesday, June 30, in Fayetteville.
- And this year's Arkansas Business 40 Under 40 includes Douglas Hutchings of IA client Picasolar.