ARK Challenge NWA Demo Day Set; Preview of LR Teams
The ARK 4 -- the fourth installment of the ARK Challenge startup accelerator which is overlapping with ARK 3 in Fayetteville -- has officially released the names of its participating teams.
Meanwhile, ARK 3's Demo Day in NWA is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 4, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., once again from Crystal Bridges in Bentonville. It's free to attend, and trust us -- it's a blast. Register here.
Demo Day in Little Rock will go down Nov. 12, we know, but the time and place are still being ironed out. That's still a ways off -- the Little Rock teams just entered week 4 of their 14-week boot camp.
ARK 4 represents the program's first foray into central Arkansas, and ARK 4 director Warwick Sabin says the teams have already made much progress.
Here's a look at the LR teams:
- Acorn Metrics (Acorn Hours), Little Rock -- mobile/web app that enables schools to track students' progress and keep a record of their service projects. Video here.
- Jones Innovative Medical Solutions, Little Rock -- unique intravenous access catheter system to monitor blood values for use by health-care professionals.
- Linked Cause, Minneapolis, Minn. -- fundraising campaign system for nonprofits that allows them to collaborate and create campaigns at no up-front cost.
- Tagless, Little Rock -- From two of the guys behind the Few agency (MxF, DxF), a clothing service where a personal stylist handpicks trendy clothes from stores that benefit those in need.
- My Color of Beauty, Little Rock -- platform for women of color to find beauty products online specific to their unique needs. Video here.
- Fair Share Data, Bentonville -- aggregator that uses consumer transaction data to provide insight into public companies and the economy at large. Video here.
- Politapoll.com, Rogers -- Monitors legislation and identitfies key bills prior to votes in House and Senate; polls users and provides summary of each bill; poll results are forwarded to lawmakers who are then scored on how often they vote with their constituents.
Stay tuned. More to come...